To gain an understanding of the different types of accessible toilets, their design, and the requirements for the provision of accessible facilities within public spaces.
Dates for 2023 are to be confirmed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest for this course.
About the course
This virtual course is aimed at anyone considering a career in access or interested in inclusive design, designers improving their knowledge, and those looking towards possible future NRAC accreditation.
The course will be delivered on Zoom, from 10:30am to 1:30pm.
The course includes:
- Access awareness and the diversity of users
- Requirements for toilet provision, design guidance, and responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010.
- Types of accessible toilets including ambulant, wheelchair accessible, and changing places toilets
- Designing inclusive loos – layouts, features, and specifications
- Examples of good and bad practices.
The course fee is £160.
Need more information?
Please contact us if you have any additional questions or require more information about this course.
The Centre for Accessible Environments reserves the right to change, postpone or cancel any event with reasonable notice. Please do not confirm or finalise any travel arrangements or accommodation bookings until you have been given confirmation by the CAE that the course will go ahead as planned.
In case of force majeure, CAE has the right to alter or cancel the event without prior notice, however, a notice of the occurrence shall be given by CAE as soon as reasonably possible.