CAE offers training and consultancy to support a more inclusive design of external environments and understand requirements relating to navigation, orientation and way‑finding to enhance the accessibility of buildings and external environments. This includes training, access audit , design consultancy and equality impact assessments to help with understanding and removing barriers to the external environments.
Our support is based on:
- Different impairments and how these impact on perception and use of the pedestrian environment
- Standards and guidance that determine the design, planning and management of the pedestrian environment
- Legibility and different forms of communication
- Applying visual contrast and lighting principles
- Sign design principles
- Use of tactile paving in an effective and appropriate manner
- Architectural and urban design references
- Wayfinding in the built environment
If you need support or advice please email us at email@example.com.